Unofficial Impact Factor (IF) of 1.00
JPMS published 15 cite-able articles in 2011. To maintain high quality of the content, it came at the expense of a high rejection rate of 78%. The quality of content is being increasingly recognized by the academic contributors. To date, the journal has received 19 (11 external and 8 internal citations) from the peer reviewed scientific journals. For the year 2011, JPMS articles received 9 external citations and 6 internal citations (15 citations for 2011 articles/15 cite-able articles published in 2011=1.00 IF for 2011), which make the unofficial impact factor to be 1.00; highest for any journal from Pakistan and comparable to the prestigious journals from South Asia. JPMS team plans to work even harder to maintain and achieve a reasonable impact factor (IF).
We feel proud that JPMS has achieved such heights in such a short duration, thanks to the JPMS contributors and support from the scientific community across the globe.
Note: The list does not contain citations from articles published from other online sources such as wikipedia, blogs, newspapers etc. The list will be updated every 3 months and may be incomplete:
Cited articles: Please note that this list contains external and internal citations from peer reviewed medical journals. The list does not contain citations from articles published from other online sources such as Wikipedia, blogs, newspapers etc. The list will be updated every 3 months and may be incomplete. The name of the country designates the origin of the Journal where the article was cited. Those with internal citations, have JPMS before the citing article. Our internal citations are less than 30% of the total citations.
Mohsin Sohail Siddiqui, Hafiz Abdul Moiz Fakih, Waqas Ahmed Burney, Razia Iftikhar, Nazeer Khan. Environmental and Host-related Factors Predisposing to Tuberculosis in Karachi: A Cross-sectional Study. J Pak Med Stud. 2011 April ;1(1): 13-18.
- JAPAN: Shafqaat M, Jamil S. Distribution Of Tuberculosis Patients And Associated Socio-Economic Risk Factors For Transmission Of Tuberculosis Disease In Faisalabad City. Asian J Natural Applied Sci. 2012 Mar: 1(1); 90-95. Link: http://scholar.googleusercontent.com/scholar?q=cache:KNyu68h7gpoJ:scholar.google.com/&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5&sciodt=0,5
Sahibzada Syed Masood-us-Syed, Saleh Muhammad, Zahid Kaleem Butt. Nutritional Assessment of Children under the Age of Sixty Months in District Sialkot, Pakistan. J Pak Med Stud. 2011 April; 1(1): 7-12.
- PAKISTAN: Mushtaq A, Rehman A.Developmental milestones: do the parents know enough? J Pak Med Assoc. 2012 Sep; 62(9):991. PubMed Link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23139998
- NEPAL: Rijal P, Sharma A, Shrestha S, Upadhyay S. Nutritional assessment of children at Nepal Medical College Teaching Hospital. Health Renaissance. 2011:9(3); 184-188. Link: http://www.nepjol.info/nepal/index.php/HREN/article/view/5588
- UNITED KINGDON: Swemmer T, Chopra C. Social Protection And Child Malnutrition Pakistan. Save the Children UK, 2012. Publications. Link: http://www.savethechildren.org.uk/sites/default/files/docs/social_protection_Pakistan_briefing.pdf
- PAKISTAN: Syed SSM, Basit AK, Mohammad S, Ghumman MZI, Sattar A, Islam AU, Solehri ZK, Sahar N. Screening of Childhood Tuberculosis with Pakistan Pediatric Association Scoring Chart System. Pak Paed J 2012; 36(4): Link: http://kmsmc.edu.pk/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Drsahibzada.pdf
Jalal Vahedian Ardakani, Ali Zare’ Mehrjardi, Fatemeh Nabavizadeh Rafsanjani. Eosinophilic Abscesses of the Liver due to Enterobius Vermicularis. J Pak Med Stud. 2011 Oct; 1(3): 92-94.
- MALAYSIA: Ali TI, Ibrahim OE, Al-Sultan II. Case Report of Acute Abdomen Caused by Enterobiasis with Ectopic Infestation. J Adv Med Res 2011; 1(1): 65-70. Link: http://www.sign-ific-ance.co.uk/dsr/index.php/JAMR/article/view/130
Haris Riaz, Anis Rehman. Inception of Journal of Pakistan Medical Students (JPMS): From a Dream to Reality. J Pak Med Stud. 2011 April; 1(1):1–2.
- UNITED KINGDOM: Khaliq MF, Noorani MM, Siddiqui UA, Anwar M. Physicians reading and writing practices: a crosssectional study from civil hospital Karachi, Pakistan. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2012 Jul 27; 12(1):76. PubMed Link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22840218
- PAKISTAN: Mushtaq A, Fatima R, Rehman A. Medical students and medical research in Pakistan. J Pak Med Assoc. 2012 May; 62(5):527-8. PubMed Link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22755331
- JPMS INTERNAL: Rohra DK. Lets Build Our Own International Journal. J Pak Med Stud. 2011 July;1(2): 65-66. Link: http://www.jpmsonline.com/jpms-vol1-issue2-pages65-66-pa.html
- PAKISTAN (2013): Anwar M, Khaliq MF, Noorani MM. Academic practices and research: current scenario and remedial measures. J Pak Med Assoc. 2013 Jan :63(1); 153. Pubmed Link: http://www.jpma.org.pk/full_article_text.php?article_id=3963
- PAKISTAN (2013): Ahmed B, Husain AA, Dossani K. Impact factor of Pakistani medical journals. J Pak Med Assoc. 2013 Jan : 63(1); 153. Pubmed Link: http://www.jpma.org.pk/full_article_text.php?article_id=3954
Muhammad Umar, Mohammad Bilal. Hepatitis C, A Mega Menace: A Pakistani Perspective. J Pak Med Stud. 2012 April; 2(2):68-72.
- UNITED KINGDOM: Naeem SS, Siddiqui EU, Kazi AN, Khan S, Abdullah FE, Adhi I. Prevalence of Hepatitis ‘B’ and Hepatitis ‘C’ among preoperative cataract patients in Karachi. BMC Res Notes. 2012 Sep 6; 5: 492. PubMed Link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22954334?dopt=Abstract&holding=f1000,f1000m,isrctn
- NEW ZEALAND: Ghias M, Pervaiz MK, Thornley S, Marshall R. Statistical Modelling and Analysis of Risk Factors for Hepatitis C Infection In Punjab, Pakistan World Appl. Sci. J. 2012, 20 (2): 251-252. Link: http://idosi.org/wasj/wasj20(2)12/10.pdf
Zakaur Rab Siddiqui. Gossypiboma Bladder: The Need to Count Sponges. J Pak Med Stud. 2011 April; 1(1): 19-21
- UNITED STATES: Kruglick SM, Nikolaidis P, Casalino DD. Ileal Conduit Gossypiboma. J Urol. 2012 Feb; 187(2):686-7. PubMed Link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=Kruglick%20SM[Author]&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=22177213
- CHINA: Chen Jie, Jiang Ying. Imaging Diagnosis of Appendicitis In Progress. Diagnostics Theory and Practice. 2011:6(4); 584-587. Link: http://www.cqvip.com/qk/84051x/201106/40803590.html
Dhalwani N. A Review of Alcohol Pricing and its Effects on Alcohol Consumption and Alcohol-Related Harm. J Pak Med Stud 2011; 1(1): 23-27
- UNITED KINGDOM: Seaman P, Edgar F, Ikegwuonu T. The role of alcohol price in young adult drinking cultures in Scotland. Drugs: education, prevention and policy 2013. Early Online: 1–8. Link: http://informahealthcare.com/doi/pdf/10.3109/09687637.2013.765386
Erum A. Medullary Cancer of Breast with Atypical Features – A Case Study. J Pak Med Stud 2012; 2(1):21-25
- INDIA (2013): Gulia SP, Lavanya M, Chaudhury M, Arun KSP. Histomorphological patterns of breast carcinoma: Case reports. IJMRHS 2013; 2(3): 686-691. Link: http://www.scopemed.org/?jft=38&ft=38-1375350531
Singh S, Singh VP, Jain M, Gupta K, Rastogi B, Abrol S. Intrathecal 0.75% isobaric ropivacaine versus 0.5% heavy bupivacaine for elective cesarean section delivery: A randomized controlled trial. J Pak Med Stud. 2012 April; 2(2): 75-80.
- JPMS INTERNAL: Dhalwani N. Ropivacaine versus Bupivacaine for spinal anesthesia in elective caesarean deliveries. J Pak Med Stud. 2012 April; 2(2): 73-74. Link: http://www.jpmsonline.com/jpms-vol2-issue2-pages73-74-se.html
- PAKISTAN (2013): Varun S, Srivastava M, Maurya I, Garg R, Dhama V, Manik YK. A clinical prospective, randomized study to compare intrathecal isobaric bupivacaine – fentanyl and isobaric ropivacaine – fentanyl for lower abdominal and lower limb surgeries. Anaesth Pain & Intensive Care 2012; 16(3): 237-242. Link: http://www.apicareonline.com/?page_id=24
Farouk H, El-Sayeh BA, Mahmoud SS, Sharaf OA. Effect of Olfactory Stimulation with Grapefruit Oil and Sibutramine in Obese Rats. J Pak Med Stud. 2012 Jan; 2 (1): 3-10
- JPMS INTERNAL: Naeem M. New insights into aromatherapy for obesity: the future. J Pak Med Stud. 2012 Jan;2(1): 1-2. Link: http://www.jpmsonline.com/jpms-vol2-issue1-pages1-2-se.html
Syed AG, Joseph FR, Mark W. Ghrelin, Leptin and Plasma Free Fatty Acid (FFA) Levels are modulated in adaptation to fasting. J Pak Med Stud. 2011 Oct; 1(3): 68-74
- JPMS INTERNAL: Shimodaira M. Ghrelin and leptin in fasting. J Pak Med Stud. 2011 Oct;1(3): 75-77. Link: http://www.jpmsonline.com/jpms-vol1-issue3-pages75-77-fe.html
Ostovan MA, Tavassoli M, Ghofraniha A, Davaei MHS, Kojuri J. Limb salvage after infrapopliteal angioplasty for critical limb ischemia in surgically high-risk patients in Iran. J Pak Med Stud. 2011 Oct; 1(3): 85-88.
- JPMS INTERNAL: Awan Z. Infrapopliteal angioplasty versus bypass for critical limb ischemia. J Pak Med Stud. 2011 Oct;1(3): 83-84. Link: http://www.jpmsonline.com/jpms-vol1-issue3-pages83-84-se.html
Sobani Z, Pervaiz A, Yakub M, Khawaja A, Khan R. Electronic Gaming versus Physical Activity: Effect on Heart. J Pak Med Stud. 2011 April; 1(1): 3-6.
- JPMS INTERNAL: Sia CH. Correspondence on: effect of electronic gaming on heart rate. J Pak Med Stud. 2011 July;1(2): 60. Link: http://www.jpmsonline.com/jpms-vol1-issue2-page60-le.html
Hussain T, Shu LY, Cheng X, Sosorburam T, Adji AS, Tajammul S et. Al. Depression amongst Congestive Heart Failure Patients: Results of a Survey From Central China. J Pak Med Stud. 2011 July; 1(2): 38-42.
- JPMS INTERNAL: Balhara YPS. Cardiovascular disorders and depression. J Pak Med Stud. 2011 July;1(2): 61-62. Link: http://www.jpmsonline.com/jpms-vol1-issue2-pages61-62-fe.html
Siddiqui ZR, Khaliq T, Shah SA. A new simple scoring system for the diagnosis of acute appendicitis. J Pak Med Stud. 2011 July; 1(2):32-37.
- JPMS INTERNAL: Muhammad JS. Developing a new scoring system for diagnosis of acute appendicitis. J Pak Med Stud. 2011 July;1(2): 63-64. Link: http://www.jpmsonline.com/jpms-vol1-issue2-pages63-64-se.html
Chalkoo MA, Rashid A, Kakroo SM, Razvi SA, Wani AA, Wani MY. Role of erythrocyte acetylcholinesterase in the diagnosis of Hirschprung’s disease. J Pak Med Stud 2013; 3(2):79-82
- JPMS INTERNAL: Riaz H, Kazi AN. Erythrocyte Acetylcholinesterase Levels and Hirschsprung Disease: A Case of Cautious Interpretation of Diagnostic Test Results?J Pak Med Stud. 2012; 3(2): 83-84. Link: http://www.jpmsonline.com/jpms-vol3-issue2-pages83-84-se.html
Information about » Citations last updated on: August 16, 2013